[openbox] ssh-askpass
Ranjan Maitra
2014-10-09 19:21:58 UTC

I use openbox without any DE and with SLiM as my login manager. I was wondering how to get ssh-askpass to work when I log in. I looked around for some help with openbox WM but was unable to find any. I am able to find the following setup for LXDE (which supposedly works):

$ sudo tail /usr/bin/startlxde
# set up ssh
SSH_ASKPASS=/usr/libexec/openssh/gnome-ssh-askpass
export SSH_ASKPASS
eval $( ssh-agent -s )
ssh-add &

# Start the LXDE session
exec /usr/bin/lxsession -s LXDE -e LXDE
eval $( ssh-agent -k )

Does the above need to be set up in /usr/bin/openbox-session?

Many thanks,
Ranjan

Ian Zimmerman
2014-10-10 01:14:04 UTC
On Thu, 9 Oct 2014 14:21:58 -0500,
Ranjan Maitra <maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com> wrote:

Ranjan> I use openbox without any DE and with SLiM as my login
Ranjan> manager. I was wondering how to get ssh-askpass to work when I
Ranjan> log in. I looked around for some help with openbox WM but was
Ranjan> unable to find any. I am able to find the following setup for
Post by Ranjan Maitra
$ sudo tail /usr/bin/startlxde
# set up ssh
SSH_ASKPASS=/usr/libexec/openssh/gnome-ssh-askpass
export SSH_ASKPASS
eval $( ssh-agent -s )
ssh-add &
# Start the LXDE session
exec /usr/bin/lxsession -s LXDE -e LXDE
eval $( ssh-agent -k )
I use xdm, and such stuff goes into my ~/.xsession file.
Local Variables:
mode:claws-external
End:
Ranjan Maitra
2014-10-10 03:28:28 UTC
On Thu, 9 Oct 2014 14:21:58 -0500,
Post by Ranjan Maitra
$ sudo tail /usr/bin/startlxde
# set up ssh
SSH_ASKPASS=/usr/libexec/openssh/gnome-ssh-askpass
export SSH_ASKPASS
eval $( ssh-agent -s )
ssh-add &
# Start the LXDE session
exec /usr/bin/lxsession -s LXDE -e LXDE
eval $( ssh-agent -k )
I use xdm, and such stuff goes into my ~/.xsession file.
Thanks, but I have no .xsession file:

$ locate xsession
usr/share/xsessions
/usr/share/xsessions/openbox.desktop
/usr/share/xsessions/wbar.desktop

$locate .xsession
$

Ranjan
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be deleted on receipt. Please respond to the mailing list if appropriate. For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use appropriate addresses.

Can't remember your password? Do you need a strong and secure password?
Use Password manager! It stores your passwords & protects your account.
Check it out at http://mysecurelogon.com/manager
Ian Zimmerman
2014-10-10 06:08:11 UTC
On Thu, 9 Oct 2014 22:28:28 -0500,
Ranjan Maitra <maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com> wrote:

Ranjan> Thanks, but I have no .xsession file:

Try to create one. On Debian at least, the X11 startup scripts (in the
package x11-common) are clever enough to work with or without it.
Local Variables:
mode:claws-external
End: