[openbox] Expand window to the available space
Antoine
2014-05-04 10:07:06 UTC
Hello!
I'm trying to replace the maximize button with a "grow to available
space" button. By this I mean enlarging the window as much as possible
without overlapping any other window. For now, I used the "GrowToEdge"
command, but it doesn't really work as expected.
If I put two small windows side by side and click my button on the first
window, it will actually expand to the available space. But then, when I
expand the second window, it will grow over the other window and take
the whole screen, due to the strange behaviour of GrowToEdge when the
windows are already overlapping.
Is there a way I can fix this?

Cheers,
Antoine
Mikael Magnusson
2014-05-04 13:44:36 UTC
Post by Antoine
Hello!
I'm trying to replace the maximize button with a "grow to available space"
button. By this I mean enlarging the window as much as possible without
overlapping any other window. For now, I used the "GrowToEdge" command, but
it doesn't really work as expected.
If I put two small windows side by side and click my button on the first
window, it will actually expand to the available space. But then, when I
expand the second window, it will grow over the other window and take the
whole screen, due to the strange behaviour of GrowToEdge when the windows
are already overlapping.
Is there a way I can fix this?
This should be in the next release,
http://git.openbox.org/?p=mikachu/openbox.git;a=commit;h=e6a0beb34bfe3f445a115eb6df9276bb2692f7dd
Mikael Magnusson
Antoine
2014-05-04 18:46:01 UTC
Post by Mikael Magnusson
Post by Antoine
Hello!
I'm trying to replace the maximize button with a "grow to available space"
button. By this I mean enlarging the window as much as possible without
overlapping any other window. For now, I used the "GrowToEdge" command, but
it doesn't really work as expected.
If I put two small windows side by side and click my button on the first
window, it will actually expand to the available space. But then, when I
expand the second window, it will grow over the other window and take the
whole screen, due to the strange behaviour of GrowToEdge when the windows
are already overlapping.
Is there a way I can fix this?
This should be in the next release,
http://git.openbox.org/?p=mikachu/openbox.git;a=commit;h=e6a0beb34bfe3f445a115eb6df9276bb2692f7dd
Thanks, this is why Openbox is the best!