[openbox] hide from taskbar but not from window switcher
Lukasz Grabowski
2014-07-09 14:14:05 UTC
Hello,

Is it possible to hide a specific application from the tint2 taskbar
but not from the openbox window switcher? I tried experimenting with
the rc.xml options skip_pager and skip_taskbar but they don't seem to
allow for that.

My motivation is to have one firefox window open all the time on all
desktops. I'd like to be able to swich to it using alt-tab, but since
I have it open all the time there's no need to show it in the taskbar.

Best, Lukasz
Dana Jansens
2014-07-09 19:10:59 UTC
On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 10:14 AM, Lukasz Grabowski <graboluk at gmail.com>
Post by Lukasz Grabowski
Hello,
Is it possible to hide a specific application from the tint2 taskbar
but not from the openbox window switcher? I tried experimenting with
the rc.xml options skip_pager and skip_taskbar but they don't seem to
allow for that.
My motivation is to have one firefox window open all the time on all
desktops. I'd like to be able to swich to it using alt-tab, but since
I have it open all the time there's no need to show it in the taskbar.
It's not currently possible without some option to skip it in tint2.
Post by Lukasz Grabowski
Best, Lukasz